RSS

train
wirework
youniqueyou
powered by

My Blog

A sunny day in Dulverton

Well, in the words of a famous song, let's start at the very beginning (is it in your head now? it's in mine!)

As much as I love Jewellerymaker, it is not the only thing I do, I do commission work, magazine work and of course, just because I can work!  so, after working hard all last week to prepare my project's for Monday's Designer Inspiration show, I was able to enjoy the sun and a lovely bit of quality family time with my mum, the two dogs, hubby and the kids! bliss!!

so, what is the point of this blog I hear you say, yeah yeah you went on holiday...great (although it wasnt really a holiday, more of a weekend escape) but what is your point?!

well, I got to sit in the garden of a beautiful cottage in the blazing sun (that would have been the cue to go get the suntan lotion - opps!) and raided my mum's stash of gemstones, I found a beautiful blue crackled agate slab and was instantly drawn to it, having brought with me the essential 0.4 and 1mm wire it was a no brainer! the wire? of course it was copper!! this is me!!! I did also bring with me a 0.4 reel of antique bronze to throw a bit of a mix in, and as my mum had nabbed my 0.4 copper it looked like it was a good thing, as it was a perfect contrast to the stone!! sometimes, these things present themselves to you as I know I would have gone straight for the copper 0.4 and wrapped it in complete copper, as it turns out, I love the contrasting colours with the sea blue! do you?

anyway, I sat and played and loved the outcome..oh, did I mention I was also sipping on some lovely chilled bubbly with my mum (yes the pic shows red wine, we had that first hehe)  whilst the kids played and hubby took pictures of the lovely birds that were being very noisy to try to chase us out of the garden!! lol

but of course i am just teasing you, of course i made the pendant, would you like to see?  I did my trademark of making it reversable and dont know which side I like best!!

so, here you go... please let me know what you think, do you like it? i am undecided as to a long chain so it can hang and twist and turn and show all the sides or a shorter chain/viking knit..? hmm... please comment, i love to hear what you think :)

Spellbinding xx

10 Comments to A sunny day in Dulverton :

Comments RSS
Maria McLaughlin on 20 May 2014 21:35
Laura loved the shows last week and Monday's show as well. The pendant is gorgeous I like the blue, but like you I would love to see it swivel round so I think a long chain maybe viking knot as you do make beautiful jewellery. I think this pendant has beautiful colours that make the copper against it outstanding xx
Reply to comment

Laura on 20 May 2014 22:04
Hi Maria, im glad you enjoyed the shows :) thank you very much, yes im thinking of a long chain so that it can swing about and just show all the sides to it, thank you for your lovely comments xx

Lorraine robinson on 20 May 2014 22:21
Long chain let it flow and show all the sides. Will look great with maxi dress or polo jumper in winter
Reply to comment

Laura on 21 May 2014 12:48
Hi Lorraine, i think you are right!!! ok, need to decided on chain or viking knit? hmmm.... i think some of the lovely new chain that JM have in their findings kits now, just gotta get my hands on some lol

susan froud on 21 May 2014 12:41
Hi laura, lovely blog,love my pendant you sent me worn a lot, as quite new to this tech stuff, would be great if you could price up few items you have made as wold be snapped up, put on Facebook where all your followers see them.xx
Reply to comment

Laura on 21 May 2014 12:53
Hi Susan, im so glad you like your pendant :) i am trying to do it as i go but its just finding the time lol, i should really be doing housework today but i am trying to also catch up with some work stuff too, i will definitely get pricing them up though :) xx

reflexology on 05 November 2014 14:45
My spouse and i already discovered a lot of weblogs however I favor this commenting podium. Thank you a great deal to your advice and expressing data.
Reply to comment

couplesseekingsolutions on 27 March 2017 07:30
Bodog Angebote eine erstaunliche Fonds reward auf der ersten ohne Greenback limit beschraenken.Der Bonus arbeitet von Sie mit hinzugefuegt Gewinn um Ihnen zu helfen, erhalten Zunahme Summe .
Reply to comment

Mark on 27 March 2017 07:39
Yes, Laura, red wine is also my favourite list for a long time. Just a quick note to tell you that I have a passion for the topic "Red wine" at hand. Is there any food which you want to take with wine?
Reply to comment

buyessay on 31 August 2017 05:09
A sunny day in dulverton magazine work and of course, just because working hard all last week to prepare. This youniqueyou blog always giving us about magazine commission played and hubby took pictures garden.
Reply to comment